Abortion rights are under attack. This morning, the nation woke up to the horrifying news that the Supreme Court made an initial draft decision in Dobbs vs. Jackson Women’s Health that would overturn Roe vs. Wade. This draft signals a total reversal by the court and the potential to undermine and overturn other important decisions impacting LGBTQ+ people, people of color, and others whose rights were gained after the Constitution was ratified. Today we must grapple with the real possibility that our highest court will not further equity and justice but instead choose to take away from more than half of the population in this country. Abortion rights are Queer rights, and we must take action.
EMERGENCY NATIONWIDE PROTESTS
Tuesday, May 3
- WASHINGTON D.C. – SUPREME COURT STEPS ALL DAY
- NYC: 5:00 pm Foley Square – Contact IG: @Rise4AbortionRights
- LA: 12:00 pm through the day US Courthouse 1st & Hill – Contact IG: Rise4AbortionRightsLA
- Atlanta: 5:00 pm CNN downtown
- Austin: 5:00 pm Capitol Building, 1100 Congress Ave. – Contact on IG: @tx4abortion
- Chicago: 3:00 pm State & Jackson – Contact on IG: riseup4abortionrightschi
- Dayton, OH: 5:00 pm Dayton Municipal Court 301 West Third St. @end40days on IG
- Detroit: 5:00 pm 231 Federal Courthouse, 231 West Lafayette St.
- Houston: 5:00 pm Mickey Leland Federal Building 1919 Smith St.
- Little Rock: 5:00 pm State Capitol, 500 Woodlane St.
- Louisville, KY: 5:00 pm Jefferson County Courthouse, W. Jefferson & S. 6th St.
- Philly: 6:00 pm City Hall
- San Francisco: 5:00 pm Federal Building Louisiana & St. Joesph
Wednesday, May 4
- New York City: Emergency Speakout, Revolution Books, 437 Malcolm S. Blvd, 7:00 pm, co-sponsored by Rise up 4 Abortion Rights
- Honolulu: 4:00 pm Federal Building along ala Moana Blvd.